About the role
Human and Hope Association Inc. is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
– Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
– Supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
We are looking for a volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Directors.
The treasurer can expect to spend about four hours per week on independent work and attend a two-hour monthly meeting. Note: More work may be required at specific times (e.g. before financial reporting)
Competencies, experience and Skills (Role Related)
- A tertiary degree in accounting, finance or commerce
- Experience with Xero
- Professional experience in accounting or finance management
- Experience preparing financial reports
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the not-for-profit sector
Competencies (Personal Attributes)
- Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understanding that the local way is the best way when it comes to sustainable development;
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
- Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as an effective team member and have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions;
- Active contribution – be an active contributor with genuine interest in HHA Inc. and the importance of local empowerment.
- Keep track of Human and Hope Inc.’s finances, such as updating budget spreadsheet, keeping track of donations, etc. – including cash and electronic transactions.
- Complete a monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Ensure all reporting for external bodies are completed and submitted within the allocated time frame
- Making sure financial records are available for auditing at the end of the year (and seeking those documents from other board members if necessary).
- If necessary, board members can pass on bills for the treasurer to pay from the account.
- Being the “first port of call” for any financial questions, e.g. if a board member/donor wants to know whether moneys have been received, etc.
- Communicate with any other applicable bodies as deemed necessary
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your C.V to President Simon Matuzelski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries about the role can be made to CEO Sally Hetherington OAM at email@example.com or on 0424 080 186.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Sally Hetherington OAM
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Treasurer - Human and Hope Association Inc. via Pro Bono Australia.