About the role
Aurous Limited is seeking Digital Visitor Volunteers across Australia who can speak fluent Greek, to join our Digital Connection Program and to help reduce loneliness and isolation in seniors aged 65 and over.
Our mission is to use the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness in Australia’s most vulnerable.
As a change maker, you will be instrumental in bringing joy and social connection to those most in need, through weekly ‘digital visits’ via Skype.
This is a volunteer role where you will make an impact!
This is a virtual volunteer position, so you can be located anywhere in Australia as long as you have reliable internet access.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting weekly Skype calls (in Greek) with your participant(s).
- Participating in monthly catch ups with assigned Connection Support Officer.
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing training and development.
- Participating in virtual reward and recognition events and check-ins.
- Working in a safe manner.
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
Our ideal volunteer will need to:
- Speak fluent Greek. If you can’t speak fluent Greek, we do have other digital visiting roles available (visit our website to apply).
- Be patient and kind.
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and consideration for seniors.
- Be reliable-able to commit for weekly or fortnightly calls for at least 12 months.
- Be able to engage in small talk and conversation starters.
- Well presented.
- Over age of 18 years of age due to insurance purposes.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check-Aurous will support you through this process.
As this is a virtual volunteer role, you will be required to use your own computer, tablet or smart device, have reliable internet, have or be willing to open a Skype account and be able to access emails.
Training and support provided.
Please note, shortly after applying via our website, you will receive a training log in. Induction and training allows you to view if this role is right for you before commencing. Training is online but needs to be completed within one week of applying. Applicants who cannot complete the training within one week but are still interested, are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Aurous Limited aims to use the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness experienced by Australian's aged 65 and over.
Our programs include Digital Visitor program, Digital Mentor program, In-Home Visiting program and Drop-In Chat.
Isolation and loneliness are two of the biggest problems facing individuals and communities, especially in our ageing population. Research shows that people who maintain social relationships live longer, healthier and more fulfilled lives.
Aurous relies on the time and generosity of volunteers, with over 350 volunteers helping us fulfil our mission.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click on the link below to complete an application form on our website.
Please quote in application: Greek Speaking Digital Visitor Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.