About the role
Oaktree engages with over 250,000 youths and supporters across Australia. We are able to do this through our State Branches which lead campaigns, fundraisers throughout the nation. The VIC State team drives these grassroots actions within VIC, giving young people the opportunity to thrive and make a real difference by gaining support to fund our partnered work in the Asia-Pacific.
As a VIC Community Engagement Officer, you will work in a setting that trains and empowers young people in high impact campaigning, public engagement and skill development. You will mainly be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with local communities, schools, universities, churches and workplaces to help run our biggest campaign: Live Below the Line.
As a Community Engagement Officer, a typical day might look like:
- Implementing campaigning actions such as recruiting young people to become involved in Oaktree’s programs.
- Establishing and developing meaningful relationships with external stakeholders like schools, giving them opportunities to take action and to deeply engage with both our political and social impact work.
- Helping develop understanding of the challenges that impact these partnerships and overcoming these.
- Taking part in regular team and State meetings.
- Strongly communicating Oaktree’s vision and engagement model to the outside world.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
- Be part of a team of other passionate and like-minded volunteers.
- Help to lead a whole organisation’s vision and strategy in your state.
- Ongoing training and mentoring for your personal and professional development.
- A wealth of experience in community organising, e.g. becoming highly skilled in campaigning technology like NationBuilder.
- Make an impact in Australia and globally that provides young people with the opportunity to thrive.
TIME COMMITMENT: ~10 hours per week. | This is a volunteer position.
*Friday availability is required as this is our office day.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 25th of November 2019 11:59PM
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: VIC Community Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.