About the role
Our school is a co-educational independent specialist primary school located in East Malvern, which provides an alternative educational option for children with social, emotional and behavioural needs. Students are taught and assessed against the Australian Curriculum.
The school’s goal is to work intensively with children to develop the learning and coping strategies which will allow them to re-enter mainstream education with healthy self-respect, established work habits and acceptable behaviours. To achieve this goal, children are treated respectfully as individuals, given responsibility for their own behavioural choices, taught to be resourceful in solving problems and accepted as valued members of the school community.
The school is governed by a Board of Directors who bring a wealth of experience and skills from diverse professional backgrounds. The Board meets every 2 months, in the evening, at our East Malvern office. Meetings are currently conducted via Zoom.
We are seeking skilled professionals to join our Board which comprises parents of previously enrolled students and ex-staff. This is a voluntary, unpaid position.
As a member of the Board you will be responsible for:-
- Governance of the school operation
- Monitoring and evaluating the management of the school, ensuring the effective implementation of objectives and strategy
- Ensuring the school remains compliant
- Reviewing the school’s financial reports
- Ensuring policies are up to date, approving policies
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy in all matters relating to The Currajong School
- Obtaining a Working With Children Check
We welcome candidates who have one or more of the following attributes or experience:-
- Not-for-profit governance
- Legal or Human Resources
- Government experience
- Interest in education for children with individual needs
- Someone who is passionate and wants to give back to the community
How to apply: Submit a current CV and covering letter outlining details of your experience and why you would like to join the Board. Email your application to email@example.com
Applications close: 4th December 2020
Further information: call Deborah Negri, Chair of the Board, on 0412 228 738
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Voluntary Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.