About the role
The ABTA is a national charity committed to reducing the incidence and impact of birth-related trauma while supporting affected women, families and health professionals.
We do this by providing information, support and advocacy in line with our core values.
We are the first charity solely dedicated to supporting women, partners and families after birth-related trauma – we listen to the voice of the consumer and respond to the unmet needs of birthing families across Australia & New Zealand. As an organisation, we advocate for a multidisciplinary approach to supporting birthing families and with this, we collaborate with all health professional groups involved in maternity care to better improve our services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The position is offered on a volunteer basis, with a commitment of 1-2 hours per week, to be worked flexibly from home.
- Upkeep and entry of expenditure into XERO.
- Oversee the preparation and lodgement of returns with authorities such as Fair Trading QLD, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), and the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Ensure an audit of the books is prepared each year and that the accounts of the Association, showing the financial position at the end of the preceding financial year, are submitted to members at the Annual General Meeting.
- Entry of donations into XERO and issuing receipts via email.
- Create and maintain a monthly spreadsheet showing profit and loss for each quarter (for board presentation).
- Preparation of annual financial statements (profit and loss and balance sheet)
- Issue receipts to donors.
- Reconciling XERO on a monthly basis, backing up system.
- Attending ad hoc virtual meetings as required.
- A minimum Cert 4 in Bookkeeping & Accounting.
- At least 2 years’ experience using MYOB / Xero for accounts payable and receivable.
- Two years accounting / bookkeeping experience (preferred but not essential).
- Ability to work independently and remotely, show initiative and work cohesively within a ‘virtual’ team.
- Previous experience in a charity or a non-for-profit organisation is essential.
- Experience preparing budgets.
- Working knowledge of the Gmail, Google Docs and Social Media.
- Experience using Paypal to process payments and receipts.
- Be familiar with creating and editing web-based documents and spreadsheets.
We offer a supportive, values-based environment, with a friendly team who are always happy to help each other. We currently have two part-time employees but hope to extend this to three employees in 2021.
We seek a highly organised, adaptable and professional volunteer accountant with a flexible, team-based approach, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
We are seeking a 12-month commitment. The successful candidate will be working from home.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.