About the role
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we’d love to hear from you!
Uke gotta join our band! Don’t ‘blow’ away this opportunity of making tunes with our talented museos!
Bring your instrument/s and talents in support of our newly formed and growing ensemble. Share your passion for music, while making an impact playing alongside musicians with a disability. Discover our talents – oin us today as a volunteer band mentor!
As the volunteer Band Mentor you will be:
- Supporting the facilitator with our music program
- Mentoring clients in how to play musical instruments
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their musical interests
- Sharing your musical talent and expertise with clients and staff – to support the formation of a band
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
This opportunity is located at our Capalaba service on either or both Monday or Thursday from 10am – 12pm.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Band Mentor – Capalaba via Pro Bono Australia.