About the Role
Summary of the Job
The Bill Crews Charitable Trust (BCCT) Literacy Program Volunteer will be responsible for providing one-on-one reading opportunities for students in BCCT Literacy Centre using the MultiLit PPP reading method.
This position will be conducted using the same teaching method at both BCCT MultiLit Literacy Centres.
The volunteer Literacy Tutor will report to the Volunteer Coordinator or such other person as may be nominated by the organisation from time to time.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
• Read with 3 students for a 20-minute period using reading timetable provided
• Use both PPP and PPP-F strategies within each 20-minute reading session
• Follow MultiLit positive behaviour management system
• Sign in and out at the respective school front office upon each visit
• Yearly commitment during school terms beginning February ending December on a weekly basis.
• MultiLit Professional Development Workshop
• Effective communication skills for working with students and staff
• Ability to act and feedback on performance
• Ability to work in a confidential environment
• Experience with working with children/students
• Specific training in MultiLit methods is also necessary and training will be provided
• Working with Children Check Number
• Provide references – at least three
Personal Qualities and Behavioral Traits
• Enjoys working with children
• Willingness to apply PPP strategy
• Willingness to receive feedback and attend ongoing coaching sessions in relation to PPP
• An ability to relate to children with learning difficulties
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Focused and professional attitude.
• Confidentiality and discretion
• Caring, positive attitude
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send an application email to Sue Frederick at [email protected]
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : [email protected]
Please quote in application: Volunteer – BCCT MultiLit Literacy Program Volunteer – Liverpool via Pro Bono Australia.