About the Role
Do you want to make a difference and give back to the community?
Are you passionate about people living safely and independently for longer?
This role joins all those dots.
Inner West Neighbour Aid (IWNA) is a fully incorporated community organisation that provides social support and home maintenance services to older people and people with disability living in the inner west. We are primarily funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme which provides entry-level home support for older people who need assistance to keep living independently at home and in their community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with sensitivity and a great attitude to join our professional and energetic volunteer Board. We are currently seeking Board Members who have experience in any of the following areas:
• Aged and Community Care
• Business, Finance and Accounting
• Sales and Marketing
Board roles also exist for individuals with other skills and interests that could effectively contribute to the ongoing development and sustainability of IWNA. If you feel that you have a potential role to play, please contact us.
The Board governs and actively contributes to the overall strategic direction, legal, contractual and compliance decisions facing the organisation. The Board meets up to 10 times per year. Meetings are held at our Croydon Park office, on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, generally 2 hours in duration with light refreshments.
This position offers:
• A valued connection with a solid and reputable local community organisation
• The chance to give back to your community using your professional skills and initiative
• Opportunities for relevant training and development
Ideally applicants will have:
• Work experience or qualifications relevant to the needs of the organisation and Board
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management and problem solving skills
• An understanding of the aged and community care sector
• Experience and sensitivity in handling personal and confidential information
• Sensitivity to culturally diverse communities and related issues
• Moderate computer skills
All volunteers are subject to a Police Check. To find out more about Inner West Neighbour Aid go to www.iwna.com.au. For more information on becoming a Board Member call Allison Yee-Brogan, General Manager on 0416 455 584.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL 31 JANUARY 2019 UNLESS POSITIONS ARE FILLED PRIOR
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0416455584
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.