About the Role
Moonee Valley Legal Service (MVLS) is currently seeking volunteer Board members to fill two general vacancies on our Board of Management.
MVLS is a not-for-profit Community Legal Centre, overseen by a volunteer Board of Management, which commenced operation in 1985. MVLS provides free legal advice, assistance and referrals to people who live, work or study within the City of Moonee Valley catchment, as well as free community legal education to organisations, services and the wider community.
Social justice and equality for all.
To work with our diverse community to provide high quality, culturally appropriate legal services, community legal education and advocacy.
The MVLS Board of Management consists of 7 to 9 members who operate as individuals to oversee the strategic direction of the service.
Board meetings are held approximately every 6 weeks, on Monday evenings between 6.00 – 8.00pm. The Board may make alternative arrangements for meetings by agreement.
Board members should expect to contribute a minimum of 3 hours per month to the Service. More time may be required when complex issues arise or specific tasks need to be undertaken. Some email communication may occur in between meetings as issues arise.
What we are looking for
• A commitment to social justice
• Strong connection to the City of Moonee Valley community (e.g. current or past resident, employed within the catchment etc.)
• Must not be listed as a banned or disqualified person on the ASIC register
• Prior Board or Committee of Management experience in a not-for-profit setting
• Governance and risk management skills
• Local knowledge, connection to community and familiarity or engagement with local issues
• Expertise in one or more of the specialist areas of: marketing, funding and fundraising, community liaison.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and how you hope to contribute to Moonee Valley Legal Service through membership of the Board, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact Jacki Holland, Manager, at email@example.com or on 9376 7929.
Applications close 23 January 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0393767929
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Board of Management Member via Pro Bono Australia.