About the Role
We are looking for adults over the age of 21 from all walks of life. Camp Leaders do not have to have any experience in mental health but are required to undertake the Kookaburra Kids volunteer screening process as well as Kookaburra Kids induction training. The role would suit an individual who has a passion for the Kookaburra Kids cause who is reliable, energetic and has the ability to relate to kids and have fun! The main goal of a camp leader is to support kids to be in kids in an environment that they feel safe and secure.
* Attend Kookaburra Kids weekend camps (be available from Friday evening through till Sunday afternoon)
* Provide support to kids whilst on weekend camps including supervising an allocated group of campers for the duration of the camp weekend
* Willingness to share accommodation with campers
* Supporting kids to engage in education programs whilst on camp to learn about Mental Illness, coping skills and building resilience
* Work as part of a team with the common goal of letting kids be kids and have a great time whilst on camp. (Don’t be afraid to get down on the kids level and be silly!)
* Willingness to commit to at least 2 camps/activities throughout the year
* Reward of watching kids be kids and achieve things they never thought possible!
* Sense of contributing to the community and supporting kids who are living with families affected by mental illness
* Letting go for the weekend and enjoying being a kid again!
* Ongoing training and support
* Volunteer social outings and an extended friend network
* Accommodation and meals provided at no cost whilst on camp.
* Fun and adventurous activities including rope climbs, giant swing, go-karting, kayaking, bush walks, craft, dress up themed nights and much more!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02 9525 7474
Please quote in application: Volunteer Camp Leader via Pro Bono Australia.