About the role
Join our 100% volunteer team of over 20 working remotely across Australia. Contribute your volunteer management or human resources experience in a flexible role, working towards positive change for women and girls.
- Manage volunteer recruitment, working with Project Didi’s Board to develop position descriptions, advertise, select, interview and onboard volunteers.
- Facilitate and improve volunteer engagement, including coordinating volunteer meetings and identifying and coordinating volunteer training opportunities.
- Provide recommendations to the Board on best practice in volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention.
- Depending on capacity, support ad hoc projects, such as the development of a volunteer management policy, volunteer induction book and volunteer newsletter.
- Passionate about advocating for the rights of women and girls.
- A people person – a drive to go the extra mile and create and maintain strong relationships with volunteers. For this role, enthusiasm and being able to connect with people from a diversity of backgrounds, particularly virtually, is more important than experience.
- Experienced in human resources and/or volunteer recruitment and engagement (ideally).
- Reliable, able to maintain regular communication, and work effectively remotely and independently.
This is an ongoing voluntary role for a minimum of 1 year, with a commitment of a few hours a week (approx. 1-1.5 days a month).
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and a brief explanation of why you are interested in the role (maximum 2 paragraphs) to email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Recruitment on a rolling basis.
QUESTIONS? Contact the Project Didi team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our team at Project Didi Australia. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that all team members are able to fulfill the essential functions of their roles.
About the organisation
Project Didi Australia is committed to strong futures for women and girls, free from violence. We work with local partners in Nepal to support survivors of trafficking and abuse, through holistic care, education and safe employment pathways. We raise awareness and advocate for action to end gender-based violence & modern slavery with our community in Australia. We’re looking for a volunteer to assist with our volunteer recruitment and management.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.