About the role
Who we are: at Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) we aim to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. We are part of a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking action in their personal lives, communities, workplaces and schools to help create a happier and more caring society. We apply the growing wealth of scientific evidence of what really works.
We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
We’re entirely volunteer-run and we’re looking to grow our team so we can have more impact.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supporting the growth of AfHA by recruiting long-term volunteers in line with the Volunteer Policy; including interviewing and reference checking.
- Working closely with the Events Coordinator to ensure sufficient event day volunteers are available to attend AfHA events.
- Ensuring the volunteer database is maintained and records are accurately stored.
- Regularly communicating with AfHA long-term and event-day volunteers to support a meaningful volunteer experience.
- Previous experience or qualifications in volunteer coordination, recruitment or HR is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is organised and loves developing relationships.
Hours and resources:
- Attend bi-monthly Operations Meetings (meetings occur after hours and are generally 2 hours).
- We are looking for the right person to commit 1-2 hours per fortnight. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the volunteer.
- Generally, the role can be completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with stakeholders may be required during office hours.
- The role requires the applicant to be willing to use their own computer and phone.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.