About the Role
Refugee Migrant Children Centre (RMCC) empowers refugee and migrant children and youth who now call Australia home to create their own opportunities.
The RMCC journey started back in 2012 with a humble homework club and has evolved to us assisting over 650 kids across multiple programs held within and outside of schools, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids in need.
Our mentoring programs have 4 target focus areas: education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing. These target areas tackle the unique and complex barriers kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds encounter by creating confidence, improving educational engagement and outcomes, establishing social connections and increasing independence.
We are currently seeking a volunteer creative copywriter to join our team at our office in Sunshine, for 2 days per week for a minimum of 6 months. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated copywriting experience combined with exceptional communication skills to produce and edit quality copy for our website, annual report and upcoming recipe and story books.
• Write clear and compelling copy across multiple platforms (website, email and publications) ;
• Work with our CEO to maintain and build on RMCC’s tone-of-voice;
• Concepting for our upcoming recipe and story books and present them to the CEO;
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Communications and Graphics teams;
• Liaise with the management team and key stakeholders and see projects through to completion.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for refugee and migrant children and youth;
• Demonstrated experience as a copywriter;
• Excellent grammar and command of the written English language;
• Outstanding copywriting/editing skills;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
• Must be detail-oriented and creative;
• Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Current Working with Children Check and willing to undertake a police check;
• Able to volunteer 2 days per week for a minimum of 6 months.
• Ability to attend monthly team meetings outside of business hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a copy of your resume
and examples of your work to email@example.com
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Creative Copywriter via Pro Bono Australia.