About the role
BeyondHousing is committed to tackling homelessness, addressing housing affordability, and fostering housing stability. It is known for a progressive and compassionate approach to working with people experiencing homelessness and housing disadvantage. As a not for profit, BeyondHousing is the largest community housing organisation within the Goulburn Valley and North East Victoria, providing services to over 5000 people annually.
BeyondHousing is currently experiencing a period of growth as it continues to deliver against its strategic plan and find new and innovative ways to achieve positive housing outcomes and advance the right to affordable housing for all people. BeyondHousing is a values based organisation driven by the values of Rights, Fairness, Creativity, Quality and Collaboration.
With current vacancies, the Board are seeking Directors with the following:
- Relevant experience and/or qualifications as a Director
- Well-developed Governance skills and an understanding of the Board’s responsibility in Risk Management
- Expertise in strategic planning, including the ability to develop and review strategic priorities through constructive questioning and suggestion to contribute to effective decision making
- An understanding of the Board’s responsibility in legal and regulatory compliance
- The ability to understand financial reporting and monitor overall business performance
- A broad understanding of the not for profit sector, homelessness and affordable housing
- A strong commitment to the organisation’s Vision, Purpose & Values
- The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people and opinions
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 18th September 2019.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Director via Pro Bono Australia.