About the role
Volunteer Driving Supervisors assist learner drivers (16 – 21 years) who have no access to a car or a supervising driver to get 120 hours of supervised driving experience needed to be eligible to obtain their P-plates.
Volunteer Driving Supervisors will provide practical support to Marist180 young people through our driving mentor program by:
· Model appropriate driving skills
· Question the young person on road rules before and during driving sessions
· Encourage young person to develop the right attitude for driving.
· Sit with young person whenever s/he is driving.
· Demonstrate and instruct the young person on how to check tyres and put petrol into the car
· Complete client’s Log Book after each driving session and complete Log Book for Marist180 car
· Maintain professional boundaries with young person
· Represent Marist180 positively and act as a positive role model in all interactions in the community.
• A current full NSW Drivers’ Licence.
• A current satisfactory Driver History Report.
• Good communication skills, including a willingness to listen and learn.
• Ability to motivate and inspire.
• Flexibility and patience.
• Pleasant personality and good personal presentation.
• Ability to commit to a minimum of two hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
Please Note: Successful applicants will be subject to a National Criminal History Check and a verification of your Working with Children’s Check.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02 9672 9200
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Driving Supervisor via Pro Bono Australia.