About the Role
The Channel is a diverse giving circle dedicated to funding, educating and growing LGBTQI philanthropy. Our members make regular donations, and when the ‘pot of gold’ reaches a certain level, a vote is taken on which not-for-profit or community LGBTQI cause should receive funding. Our vision is to be the largest funder of rainbow opportunities in Australia, and we have a mission to change the way Australians experience gender and sexuality for the better. The Channel works to raise awareness of issues impacting the LGBTQI community, and encourage generosity, learning and engagement around these issues, while providing opportunities for tangible impact and change through collective philanthropy.
The Channel is searching for an enthusiastic Volunteer Event Coordinator to plan, organise and attend all events by the organisation. You will be responsible for coordinating various philanthropic and social events based in both Sydney and Melbourne.
Key responsibilities include:
• Booking venues and making travel arrangements, under the guidance of The Channel management committee
• Planning events with consideration to financial/time constraints
• Coordinating services such as catering, event signage, equipment and supplies, and marketing/promotional materials
• Preparing nametags, printed materials, registration lists etc.
• Managing on-site production/venue preparation and clean up for all events
• Organising special guest requirements
Our ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Proven experience in event coordination/management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite
• An out-going and personable manner
• Initiative, enthusiasm, and flexibility
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0439835944
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Event Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.