About the Role
The Sunflower Foundation aims to empower women and girls in developing countries through educational programs that benefit the whole community by providing long-term sustainable outcomes. We raise awareness of the benefits of women’s education in developing countries, building relationships that facilitate sustainable development at a grassroots level. In educating girls, we strive to end social and economic sufferings such as child marriage, child trafficking, and premature death resulting from teenage pregnancy, as well as economic inequality and instability.
Reporting to the Committee of Management, through the President, the Volunteer Executive Officer will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Sunflower Foundation’s volunteers, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The incumbent will initially develop deep knowledge of the field in which the Foundation operates its core programs, operations, and business plans.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Team development/Leadership
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications and systems, and recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
• Actively engage and energise the Sunflower Foundation’s volunteers, executive team, event committees, partnering organisations, donors and supporters.
• Develop, maintain and support a strong Executive Team; serve ex-officio on each committee; seek and build Committee involvement.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain the Sunflower Foundation’s senior management team
2. Fundraising and communications
• Expand fundraising activities to support existing and planned programs.
• Oversee all aspects of communications, including web presence and external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Use external presence and relationships to create new opportunities.
3. Planning and development
• Build partnerships, establish closer relationships with donors, and develop contacts with political and community leaders.
• Represent the Foundation locally and, where possible, more broadly to create wider awareness of the Foundation’s activities, providing information on programs and their impact.
• Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate programs, so as and report to the committee, donors, and other stakeholders.
Skills Required for the Position:
• Strategy development, implementation and execution skills
• Capability to build and lead teams to achieve successful outcomes
• Capacity to lead change to achieve improved outcomes
• Leadership experience outlined in the Responsibilities and Duties
• Alignment with the Foundation’s values – equality, justice, integrity, compassion, collaboration, learning and openness.
Please send a cover letter outlining how your experience is suited to the position and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 21 March 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.