About the Role
These flexible volunteer roles require very good communication and facilitation skills. Life experience in health, community or education fields would be an advantage. Senior volunteers are welcome. We wish to recruit and train a team of volunteers to facilitate community conversation sessions (up to 30 people at a time) about palliative care. Volunteers will be linked with local community groups who have expressed an interest in these sessions.
This role would suit volunteers with a background in health care, community work, social work or education with an interest in palliative care and a willingness to learn more during the training. We are looking for volunteers with a mature approach who have the confidence to facilitate group discussions about palliative care.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to deliver an engaging, interactive information session to small and medium sized groups using the session format and tools provided
• A mature approach and ability to draw on life experience in facilitating group discussions about life-limiting illness, death, dying and bereavement
• Personal integrity and commitment to the values of Palliative Care Victoria
• An understanding of, and commitment to, workplace health and safety, privacy, confidentiality and anti-discrimination practices
• Willingness to commit at least 12 months to this volunteer role.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9662 9644
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Facilitators – Community Discussions via Pro Bono Australia.