About the Role
Odyssey House NSW invites expressions of interest for two (2) volunteer roles for the Fundraising and Marketing Committee, a Committee of the Board. Odyssey House NSW is dedicated to providing a diverse range of services to adults with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
The Fundraising and Marketing Committee, a Committee of the Board, is responsible for the setting strategic direction, priorities and performance criteria for activities that help achieve the marketing and fundraising goals of Odyssey House NSW.
The role of Fundraising and Marketing Committee Member is a volunteer role appointed for a period of two (2) years.
About Odyssey House NSW
Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies. We have a holistic treatment model that focuses on the person and helping them to develop skills to cope with the underlying reasons they resorted to alcohol and other drug (AOD) use. This involves changing the habits of a lifetime and teaching self–awareness, responsibility, self-care to practical skills that have been missed due to their dependence.
About the Committee
The Fundraising and Marketing Committee meets for approximately two (2) hours during business hours on a quarterly basis in our office located in Redfern, Sydney. Committee members are also expected to attend and support fundraising events and relevant activities. A comprehensive induction will be provided to new committee members.
- Identify new markets and build relationships with media and the public
- Provide consultation into fundraising and marketing strategies
- Provide advice, constructive feedback and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Leverage connections, networks, resources and establish mutually beneficial and sustainable partnerships and alliances to support the Odyssey House NSW mission
- Identify personal connections that can benefit Odyssey House NSW in fundraising and influencing public policy
- Strengthen networks and partnerships with key stakeholders across and outside the sector to expand the services and geographical remit of Odyssey House NSW
- Be active in the organisation including attending functions or events as a representative of Odyssey House NSW
- Proactively communicate in a way that demystifies drug and alcohol issues to bridge the gap between health and social issues
Please include a Cover Letter and your current Resume, including three (3) Referees to the Human Resources Manager, and email your application to HR@OdysseyHouse.com.au Questions relating to the role can be directed to Christine Campbell, Fundraising and Marketing Manager via 0499 995 527.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer, Fundraising and Marketing Committee via Pro Bono Australia.