About the role
The primary purpose of this position is to help Postvention Australia (“PVA”) develop its fundraising activities, in particular to grow membership and donations (incl work-place giving and in-kind support), monitor and apply for grant opportunities, and to develop corporate sponsors.
PVA is a small organisation, with a passionate, “hands on” board that will support this role in developing the organisation’s fundraising abilities.
The responsibilities of this position are to:
- Develop and conduct campaigns to promote membership of PVA, as well as general donations and workplace giving.
- Review and assess potential grant opportunities, and engage with the board in preparing applications
- Approach potential sponsors and funders to discuss collaboration and funding support for PVA
- Assist and provide advice to PVA in actively promoting our services and activities.
- Contribute to targeted fundraising campaigns and events.
- Look for other social media opportunities to raise the profile of PVA among corporates and other potential donors.
- Assist in building relationships that attract and retain sponsors, donors and other funders.
About the organisation
Postvention Australia (“PVA”) is the national association representing and supporting those bereaved by suicide, service providers who provide direct support to these people, and their communities. PVA is a member-driven organisation, and a registered charity. The organisation’s mission is to promote life by supporting and representing those bereaved by suicide and all those impacted in the community by suicide loss, through leadership and advocacy, education, training, and connection.
How to apply
If you think you this role sounds appealing, and that you'd like to help, please apply via the link below, and include your CV and a brief outline of why you'd like to volunteer with us, as well as your availability and possible time commitment.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.