About the Role
Big Group Hug is a solely volunteer run organisation that was founded in 2014 to support families experiencing hardship in the community by providing donated goods to help them care for their young children, aged newborn to twelve years old.
Big Group Hugs model has social inclusion at its heart and fosters capacity building through community connectedness.
Purpose of Role: The Grant Writer works closely with the Directors to maximize the financial sustainability of Big Group Hug.
• Conduct research into available grants and other funding opportunities
• Research requirements and suitability of available grants
• Seek information from funding bodies (philanthropic trusts, government departments, local councils etc.), community groups and potential project partners
• Collaborate closely with the Directors in grant proposal preparation
• Write and prepare grant applications, prepare supporting documents and prepare grant acquittals
• Other related duties as delegated
Experience in the Non for Profit Sector, specialising in Grant applications.
• Documented grant seeking/grant writing experience
• Strong research skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position would require a minimum of 2 hours per week, either at the Big Group Hug Warehouse (Rosanna), or work from home. This is a volunteer position and can be shared.
Please address each point in your application
• Please give details of how you have been involved with grant writing?
• Do you have excellent written communication skills? Please explain
• How many hours can you assign to this position throughout the week?
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0410569400
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Grant Writer via Pro Bono Australia.