About the Role
About the Gomo Foundation
We provide access to education and challenge societal barriers that stop children from realising their potential. Our projects are sustainable, and reliable. Through financial, and community support, we work directly with schools in Zimbabwe to empower the next generation to overcome adversity, reach their potential, transform their lives, their families and their communities for the long term.
Our mission is more than simply “education”; we aim to empower every individual that has contact with our organisation, and in doing so, to foster a society where it is possible for everyone to make their dreams a reality.
About the role
The Graphic Designer works across the Communications team and oversees the execution of the Gomo brand across the website, online platforms, newsletters, marketing material, publications, exhibitions and displays. As a skilled creative, this role is essential in communicating Gomo’s mission, as well as attracting a wider audience to the Foundation.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Uphold the existing Gomo Foundation visual brand, updating ongoing communications and event materials as required
· Proactively identify ways to improve the Gomo website content, and perform updates as and when content changes
· Collate and format various internal documents
· Assist in the design of images for Social Media content
· Develop the visual components of Marketing materials
· Collaborate regularly with the wider Marketing team (copywriters, photographers, web developers and marketing specialists)
· Maintain a detailed understanding of the developing Gomo strategic priorities and partnerships in order to continue the development of the Gomo brand
· Attend monthly team meetings and assist with Gomo Foundation events on a periodic basis
As a not-for-profit organisation, our volunteers often have to perform outside of their scope of duties to achieve the development of exceptional communities in Africa. We will always work collaboratively to ensure you are not overwhelmed with work, and appreciate your contribution to additional duties as required.
Skills and Experience
· Advanced skills in design programs
· Up to date knowledge of industry software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and maintain deadlines of tasks
· Self-starter that can work independently and drive to outcomes
· Ability to collaborate with a virtual team via email, phone and other digital tools
· Have access to own computer and design programs
Our Graphic Designer will be expected to create eye-catching designs that engage our partners, sponsors and communities, while also supporting the ongoing maintenance and delivery of materials for campaigns, social media, events and publications. We cannot create brand awareness, encourage partnerships and communicate our visionary message without the support of this vital role!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Volunteer Graphic Designer via Pro Bono Australia.