About the Role
Location: State Library Victoria, 328 Swanston Street, Melbourne.
About this role: Please read this Volunteer Greeter position description (also available as a PDF download at the bottom of this page).
For more information: Please contact Susan McLaine, Volunteer Coordinator, on (03) 8664 7215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do
1. Provide exceptional visitor experiences.
2. Provide a warm greeting to visitors as they enter and exit the Library.
3. Proactively assist Library visitors to identify Library services, programs and the areas of the Library they can use for different purposes.
4. Personally escort visitors around the Library.
5. Answer basic queries and refer policy and reference questions to Library staff.
6. Confidently communicate and connect with people of all ages and backgrounds.
7. Encourage visitors to spend time in the Library, using a positive attitude to point out features of interest and provide advice on things to do in the time visitors have to spend in the Library.
8. Be an active ambassador for the Library and tourism in the City of Melbourne.
9. Become familiar with the Library building and the Vision 2020 redevelopment project and maintain a satisfactory level of competence as a Greeter, including active participation in ongoing training and development and evaluation as required.
10. Participate in a regular roster (one three-hour shift per fortnight).
What we’re looking for
1. Interest and/or experience in a cultural or customer/visitor service environment.
2. Ability to engage with people in a friendly, professional manner and to make them feel welcome.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, ask questions and communicate clearly and confidently.
4. Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills and ability to connect with diverse Library visitors.
5. The ability to speak a second language will be well regarded.
6. Availability to undertake three full days of induction in April 2018. The available dates are:
First day: either Monday 16 or Tuesday 17 April
Second day: either Wednesday 18 or Thursday 19 April
Third day: either Saturday 21 or Saturday 28 April.
7. Availability to volunteer for three hours per fortnight (from 9.45am to 12.45pm, or from 12.15pm to 3.15pm) for a period of 12 months.
8. Be aware of and behave in accordance with all relevant Library policies and procedures.
9. State Library Victoria is a Child Safe Organisation. A valid Working with Children Check will be required before commencing as a volunteer. Working with Children Checks are free for volunteers.
What we’ll provide
a structured induction including visitor service training
ongoing training to support visitor service
access to State Library Victoria volunteer events
access to the Billabong, our spacious staff and volunteer tearoom, with lockers and free tea and coffee
discounts at Mr Tulk Café and Readings book shop at the Library
discount on Friends of the Library membership
the opportunity to become part of a strong community of volunteers and staff at one of Australia’s leading cultural institutions.
Predominant physical requirements of this role:
walking/moving around the Library during the three-hour shift
standing/remaining stationary at Library entry points during the three-hour shift
some general computer use.
HOW TO APPLY
Please do not apply via the “APPLY FOR THIS POSITION” button below. Instead, please follow this link http://bttr.im/51el7 to apply via the SLV online application system. by Wednesday 28 February 2018.
(Please note you will need to register and provide required contact information in order to submit the online application form.)
If you are unable to apply online, or have difficulties accessing the information or lodging your application, please email email@example.com or call Volunteer Coordinator Susan McLaine on 03 8664 7215.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 8664 7215
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Greeters via Pro Bono Australia.