About the Role
The Sunflower Foundation aims to empower women and girls in developing countries through educational programs that benefit the whole community by providing long-term sustainable outcomes. We raise awareness of the benefits of women’s education in developing countries, building relationships that facilitate sustainable development at a grassroots level. In educating girls, we strive to end social and economic sufferings such as child marriage, child trafficking, and premature death resulting from teenage pregnancy, as well as economic inequality and instability.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, the Volunteer Head of Realising will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Sunflower Foundation’s grants management process. The incumbent will develop the grants strategy and schedule, which will be implemented and administered in conjunction with the Grants Administrator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Team development/Leadership
• Oversee, direct, and organise the work of the grants administrator;
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
• Ensure volunteer members receive timely and appropriate training and development;
• Establish and monitor volunteer performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct regular performance reviews.
• Mentor and develop volunteers using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
2. Grants Administration oversight
• Ensure the efficiency and independence of grants review and approval processes
• Ensure that all best practice and external requirements are mapped out and adhered to
• Identify and develop strategies to optimise the grants administration process
• Oversee the grants administration processes, as determined by the Committee of Management.
• Collaborate with the Treasurer to ensure that financial aspects of the grants processes are properly conducted.
• Prepare financial plans, budgets and allocations in conjunction with the Treasurer
• Provide detailed reports to the Committee of Management and donors with respect to the grants administration process, including progress reports from grant recipients.
• Monitor all documents connected with grant-funded programs
• Collaborate with the Treasurer to maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
• Provide training to volunteers on grants management and reporting requirements
Skills Required for the Position:
• Strategy development, implementation and execution skills
• Capability to build and lead teams to achieve successful outcomes
• Capacity to lead change to achieve improved outcomes
• Leadership experience in areas noted outlined in the Responsibilities and Duties
• Alignment with the Foundation’s values – equality, justice, integrity, compassion, collaboration, learning and openness.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer – Head of Realising via Pro Bono Australia.