About the Role
The Sunflower Foundation aims to empower women and girls in developing countries through educational programs that benefit the whole community by providing long-term sustainable outcomes. We raise awareness of the benefits of women’s education in developing countries, building relationships that facilitate sustainable development at a grassroots level. In educating girls, we strive to end social and economic sufferings such as child marriage, child trafficking, and premature death resulting from teenage pregnancy, as well as economic inequality and instability.
The Volunteer Head of Supporting will be a strategic thought-leader, and report to the Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: marketing, resource management, administration and ICT. The Volunteer Head of Supporting will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as the Sunflower Foundation continues to enhance and to build its quality programming.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Team development/Leadership
• Oversee, direct, and organise the work of the various teams within the portfolio;
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
• Ensure volunteers receive timely and appropriate training and development;
• Establish and monitor volunteer performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct regular performance reviews.
• Mentor and develop volunteers using a supportive and collaborative approach, assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
2. Resource Management
• Identify staffing needs and coordinate the hiring of volunteers.
• Coordinate and direct resource strategies including recruitment, induction and training.
• Maintain a register of all physical assets and ensure that they continue to meet the needs of the Foundation.
• Ensure that stocks of consumable resources, such as stationery requirements, are monitored regularly and supplies procured in a timely manner and within budget.
3. Improving operational efficiencies
• In collaboration with the Resources Manager, oversee the development and maintenance of all human resources policies and procedures including induction programs and organisational planning and development.
• Support the senior leadership team and volunteers to manage the Foundation efficiently and effectively
• Enhance organisational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals
• Proactively recommend improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
• Oversee evaluation activities within the portfolio including data collection systems, and marketing impact.
• Prepare and communicate data collection, summary reports and evaluation updates for the Executive Officer and Committee of Management.
• Develop a knowledge management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and learning throughout the Foundation.
4. Oversight of Functions:
• Oversee the development and implementation of marketing, communications and public relations plans.
• Direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations volunteers and coordinate with other functions of the Foundation.
• Oversee the resource management function to ensure adequacy of resourcing strategy, timely execution and appropriate handling of any resourcing issues which may arise.
Skills Required for the Position:
• Strategy development, implementation and execution skills
• Capability to build and lead teams to achieve successful outcomes
• Capacity for leading change to achieve improved outcomes
• Experience in one or more as outlined in the Responsibilities & Duties
• Alignment with the Foundation’s values – equality, justice, integrity, compassion, collaboration, learning and openness.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer – Head of Supporting via Pro Bono Australia.