About the Role
Are you passionate about using exercise to improve the incidences of mental health issues in Australia? Do you have qualifications and experience in HR? If yes, we would love your help.
Who are we?
Mood Active is a not for profit community service provider that offer exercise programs for people diagnosed with depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Participants are typically referred to us by GP’s, psychologists and community organisations and to date, feedback has been very positive. As a result, we are looking to expand our operation and this has created a need for a volunteer HR consultant to help us manage our team of employees, contractors and volunteers.(approx 30)
This role is for a minimum of 12 months and is 2-4 hours a week (worked flexibly). This is a work from home role.
– Providing advice and preparation of employment contracts and wages
– Ensure employee and volunteer records are maintained and accurate
– Onboarding and induction of staff and volunteers
– Designing and implementing HR, engagement and retention strategies for employees and trainers
– Adhoc HR projects as agreed with the GM
Skills and experience required:
– Uses exercise for own mental health
– Graduate or final year student with qualifications in Human Resources Management
– Minimum 5 years experience in a HR function
-Knowledge of Australian workplace / employment law
-High levels of empathy and customer focus – good listening and questioning skills
-Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
-Ability to work remotely – self-manage and achieve results
-Must have own computer and internet
-Intermediate skills working with cloud-based technology for email, contacts, file storage e.g. Gmail, OneDrive etc.
-Experience in a small business or non-profit environment
-Experience within mental health or fitness industries – in a volunteer or paid role
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer HR Manager via Pro Bono Australia.