About the role
This voluntary position is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in marketing and communications. It will be of particular interest to someone who wants to develop knowledge and skills within the arts/not for profit sector.
As a Volunteer Marketing Assistant, you will provide general support to the Events & Marketing Coordinator with the implementation of marketing strategies. The candidate will gain experience in all stages of creating and delivering marketing campaigns. In addition, the Volunteer Marketing Assistant will provide general support to both the Events & Marketing Coordinator and Administration Coordinator.
You will have some existing experience in marketing or communications or in some other allied experience, such as tertiary education, that is aligned to this position.
Friends of The Australian Ballet NSW is committed to the quality of the volunteer and internship programs we offer. The successful candidate will be provided with a tailored mentoring program and genuine learning and development opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position will support the Events & Marketing Coordinator and the Administration Manager to create and deliver a range of different marketing materials. The nature of the responsibilities and duties will vary but will include:
- Assisting with administrative duties;
- Responding to incoming enquiries about Friends of The Australian Ballet and our events;
- Sourcing media content to share on Friends website, social media and in newsletters;
- Writing copy and articles for The Friends website, e-news and other collateral;
- Participating in creative meetings and planning sessions in relation to marketing execution;
- Designing, presenting and implementing new social media campaign ideas;
- Attending the Events and Marketing Committee meetings, the first Wednesday evening of each month;
- Securing gifts, raffle prizes, and other sponsorship;
- Tracking and analysis of online content
- Use of ticketing/CRM system;
About the organisation
The Friends of the Australian Ballet (FAB) is the principal support organisation for The Australian Ballet (TAB) in NSW. FAB is an independent, not-for-profit, membership-based company limited by guarantee, established in 1973.
It has a broad-based charter to promote the appreciation of and access to ballet and the world of dance while focusing on The Australian Ballet Company specifically. The Friends principal activities are:
- The cultivation of community, connectedness and access through the management and service of the organisation’s core membership of friends and ballet lovers by providing an array of activities and events which are educational, social and offer behind the scenes access to the world of dance;
- Fund raising through a variety of events including approximately six Dress Rehearsals by the Company per year at the Sydney Opera House;
- Profile building by the delivery of one or two prestigious, major, public events per year.
Since FABs inception in 1973:
- Sold over ½ million tickets to members for The Australian Ballet dress rehearsals
- Reinvested millions of dollars in ballet specific projects at The Australian Ballet
- Presented over 500 events
- Held 50 major events
The Friends is committed to the development of new talent, providing scholarships for dancers with The Australian Ballet Company and students of The Australian Ballet School. In recent years FABs achievements have included:
- Funding more than 500 pairs of pointe shoes gifting $50,000 to the Pointe Shoe Fund
- Made donations in excess of $500,000 to directly fund ballet scholarships
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Marketing Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.