About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate volunteer to support our Philanthropy Team with researching, and sourcing, high value individual and corporate philanthropic prospects to support our work providing a quality education to vulnerable Ugandan children. This volunteer opportunity will suit an individual with an interest in and/or experience in online research, report preparation and philanthropy. The location of this role is flexible.
- Working closely with the Philanthropy team, and utilising both in-house data and external resources, research, analyse and identify individual and corporate prospects for the major donor pipeline.
- Analyse accumulated information to assess the capacity, philanthropic preferences and affinity of prospects to School for Life.
- Prepare in-depth, high quality profiles (including due diligence) and briefings for high value prospects and donors to help develop, retain and grow existing and potential new relationships.
- Map relationships between existing donors and prospects to help identify opportunities and build our major gifts pipeline.
- Monitor local, national, and business news and events for individual and corporate prospects and keeps abreast of regional and national business developments and economic trends.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to analyse and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources, and present the resulting information in a clear, concise summary.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities with exceptional attention to detail.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to work flexibly, independently and as an effective team member whilst maintaining high levels of sensitivity and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
About the organisation
School for Life believes that every child deserves a safe childhood and the opportunity to realise their full potential through a quality education. We work closely with families and local communities in developing countries to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to thrive and succeed. We know that education is the most powerful tool for fighting poverty.
How to apply
Please use the "Apply now" button below or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer Philanthropy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.