About the Role
Are you passionate about the rights of women and girls? Are you keen to give back and use your skills in financial management to improve the lives of survivors of sex trafficking and abuse?
Then Project Didi has a role for you!
Working closely with our partners in Nepal, Project Didi Australia is committed to building meaningful futures for women and girls affected by sex trafficking and abuse, through targeted holistic care, education and income generation training.
We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated volunteer Treasurer to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in international development and use your skills for positive impact!
You’ll have flexibility, working with our small, friendly and passionate team remotely. Ideal for someone who works from home, part time or while studying or looking after the kids – or just someone passionate about the rights of women and girls!
Applications close 9am AEST, Monday 4 February 2019.
What will you do?
- Work with Project Didi’s management team on financial management and oversight, maintaining accurate records, reconciling bank statements, managing cash flow.
- Communicate with and update the board and management team of financial events, concerns and our financial status.
- Assist with developing, writing and improving our financial policies.
- Create and maintain systems in line with our financial policies e.g. on access to our accounts, expense reimbursement, credit card use and petty cash.
- Develop, communicate and help enforce strong internal controls.
- Help prepare our annual budget/s and monitor revenue and expenses against budget/s.
- Assist with completing required financial reports in a timely manner e.g. for the ACNC and for any grant funds reconciliation.
- Assist with preparing financial statements for any grant application.
- Have the finances audited if required.
Who are we after?
- Experience in accounting, bookkeeping, online record keeping.
- Experience with not-for-profit finance (desirable but not essential).
- Experience in budget forecasting for strategic and program proposals.
- The ability to present financial information in a clear and understandable way for all audiences.
- A strong commitment to financial transparency.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level organisational and communication skills.
This is a remote role, so the ability to stay motivated while working independently is a must!
This is a 1 year voluntary role that requires a commitment of approximately 2-3 hours of work a week on average. You may choose how you distribute these hours over the week. You will be in regular email contact with our President and must be available for a phone call meeting every 2-3 weeks.
How do you apply?
Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter (maximum a page), to email@example.com. Please put the title of the role you are applying for in the subject.
Please contact our Programs Manager, Clare, at the email above or via WhatsApp on +614 04 285 311.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.