About the role
Listen Up Music is a music and mental health organisation dedicated to empowering musicians to practice positive mental health. We run music-based events and education programs across Australia, and we have a need for a volunteer Communications Specialist to help connect our messaging with a broader audience.
About the role
We have outgrown our current, basic website and are in need of someone to rebuild it for us. Our website is currently built on WordPress using the Divi Builder platform. Our goal is to redesign the site to better reflect our company’s vision and goals, and to provide a centralised hub for all information about our various events and education programs.
Most of our audience come to our website to donate money, purchase tickets to events or find out more information about our education programs. We want them to see a beautiful, up-to-date website with clear instructions on where to go for the relevant information.
The website needs to be optimised for speed, functional across all devices and employ industry and design best practice throughout the build process. We have developed a strong set of brand guidelines to help with the redesign process.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Identify a low-cost or free, easy to use website platform
- Work with the CEO to map out a new concept and design for improving the organisation of information on our website
- Build the website
- Provide guidance material for ongoing maintenance of the website
The role is short term, depending on volunteer availability and ability to deliver on the aims above.
In order to excel in this position, you will need to demonstrate
- A desire to have a positive impact in the music industry
- The ability to design, build and maintain a high-quality website
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to visually communicate ideas on complex and sensitive topics regarding mental health
- SEO experience is also desired.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Website Designer via Pro Bono Australia.