About the role
We’re looking for 3-4 outstanding individuals aged 18-30 to join the team and lead the AYCC Western Sydney branches for 2019-2020, alongside our current NSW State Leaders.
This is an incredible opportunity to build AYCC Western Sydney to powerfully implement strategic grassroots campaigns at a crucial time for the climate and our communities. It is an opportunity to use your existing leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills to make a significant and lasting contribution to communities on the frontlines of climate change across Western Sydney.
In this position you will build skills in management, communications, community organising, strategy, campaigning and much more. This is your chance to be part of a dynamic and exciting leadership team that is building a generation-wide movement to solve the climate crisis in some of the most culturally, linguistically, and religiously diverse and climate-affected communities in Australia.
- Build, organise and mobilise a grassroots movement by supporting and building local groups, across Greater Western, South-Western and North-Western Sydney, and Central-Western Sydney
- Facilitate and support the growth of the Western Sydney and NSW State Leadership team ● Manage branch volunteers and coordinators in the Western Sydney Leadership team
- Support and elevate climate-affected voices in Western Sydney
- Develop and implement AYCC campaigns and projects in Western Sydney, alongside the Western Sydney Organiser
- Facilitating leadership and state meetings, and trainings
- Manage volunteer support systems with the state team such as welcoming and training of new volunteers
- Support the management and implementation of a state volunteer recruitment strategy. This includes text-outs, community stalls, and call-outs to engage new and existing volunteers in grassroots activities
- Network and collaborate with other organisations and community groups in Western Sydney that we can learn from and work with
- Endeavour to create an open, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, abilities and identities
- Work alongside Seed – Indigenous Youth Climate Network
How to Apply
Please send a short resume (2 pages max), and cover letter (1 page) addressing the selection criteria & detailing your experience and interest in the role to Grace Vegesana at email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role further please feel free to contact our current Western Sydney Organiser (0416 942 034 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Western Sydney State Leader – Australian Youth Climate Coalition via Pro Bono Australia.