About the role
We are on the look-out for passionate and motivated young facilitators to join Empowered Together’s Workshop team. You will work with our schools team to run workshops on consent and sexting with secondary school students.
Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence.
We are youth run and seek to engage this generation to lead change. Our two main operations include running workshops on consent, sexting and sexual assault in secondary schools and engaging the wider community through our online platforms.
Our values are inclusivity, collaboration, honesty and positivity.
Your key responsibility is to educate secondary school students on consent and sexual assault prevention by facilitating our workshops
Your duties are:
1. Facilitation – Facilitate Empowered Together’s workshops to secondary school students on the topics of consent and sexting.
2. Training – Attend training sessions to be well-versed in our workshop content, answering questions, facilitation skills and keeping up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.
3. Facilitator feedback – Complete feedback after workshops and communicate feedback to the Education and Facilitator Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
4. Represent Empowered Together – Act respectfully and in accordance with our policies and procedures while representing Empowered Together at schools and in the community.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual assault;
• Has a background in or passion for education and skills-based learning;
• Is confident in speaking in front of groups of young people and delivering content;
• Works well with others and in a team environment;
• Enjoys learning and engaging in the areas of education, sexual assault prevention and youth education; and
• Has or is willing to obtain a Working with Children’s Check.
Facilitators are expected to attend onboarding training for a day.
Training is also run every 2 weeks on Sunday 2pm – 4pm in Melbourne CBD.
Workshop dates will be circulated and facilitators volunteer to attend workshops which suit their timetable.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together. All volunteers are entitled to be reimbursed for their travel expenses.
Joining our facilitation team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual assault.
As a Workshop Facilitator, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain invaluable practical experience in public speaking, education and workshop delivery;
• Make connections in the education sphere and work closely with schools and teachers;
• Attend Empowered Together training sessions, and to expand your knowledge and skills in communication and youth education;
• Represent Empowered Together at industry events, and develop your professional network; and
• Meet and work with like-minded individuals passionate about the prevention of sexual violence.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Education and Facilitator Manager, Maddy Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
All applications are due by 29 February 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Workshop Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.