About the role
Marist180 is seeking a volunteer for a role which would involve supervision of youth and skills training on the use of tools etc. and to refurbish recycled furniture for re-sale. A very good knowledge and skills on the use of tools and machines (saws, lathes) is required as well as the willingness and ability to pass on knowledge & skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide the following:
– Support the youth of varying abilities.
– Ensure all aspects of health and safety are followed.
– Provide instruction and guidance rather than hands on support wherever possible so that youth have the opportunity to develop their woodworking skills.
– Support youth to develop their confidence in woodworking.
– Inspire youth to do the very best they can with every activity.
National Police Record check and Working with children Clearance will need to be undertaken.
– Become part of a passionate and supportive team.
– Help at risk youth to develop the skills and knowledge to help them build their own bright future.
– Spend your time sharing your knowledge & skills providing an outcome that is worthwhile and rewarding
– Day to day support from a designated member of staff.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Workshop Supervisor via Pro Bono Australia.