About the role
An opportunity exists to join our Perth Consulting team for a person with a deeply-held personal commitment to working with social sector leaders to make a positive impact.
About Social Ventures Australia
Social Ventures Australia works to improve the lives of people in need. By offering funding, investment, and advice we support partners across sectors to increase their social impact and focus on keys to overcoming disadvantage in Australia.
SVA has an active Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and seeks both to partner with organisations supporting reconciliation and introduce diversity of experience, skills and knowledge into SVA.
SVA Consulting has a team of over 30 with offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
This opportunity is with our Perth consulting team who are looking for someone ready to:
- Use their strategic consulting experience to address complex social issues
- Positively engage and partner with a wide variety of clients wanting to improve their social impact
- Work with the brightest and the best in non-profit consulting
SVA Consulting partners with social purpose organisations to strengthen their ability to address social issues and achieve results. We work on society’s most challenging issues including health, disability, housing, employment, education and Indigenous disadvantage, supporting leaders to make hard decisions, galvanise teams to sustain success and share insights with the social sector.
- Scoping client projects and developing trusting client relationships
- Leading structured problem solving of complex issues
- Conducting qualitative research and analysis through interviews with client staff, beneficiaries, and experts in the field
- Conducting quantitative research and analysis of the social sector marketplace
- Facilitating joint problem solving with management and boards of client organisations
- Conducting financial analysis, including forward-looking financial projections
- Preparing clear and compelling presentation materials
- Facilitating and presenting analysis and findings
You will have
- A desire and commitment to work in the Australian social sector and an understanding of challenges facing the sector in Australia
- Proven ability to leverage leading-edge strategic tools and methodologies to conduct detailed, fact-based analyses of complex strategic and organisational challenges
- Willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, forging close relationships with clients, sector leaders and colleagues to develop projects in a collaborative professional environment.
- At least three years’ experience working with a recognised strategy consulting firm, as well as experience in hands on operations and business development
- Demonstrated knowledge, passion and commitment to working in the social sector and on society’s most important challenges
- A strong academic record including a graduate degree from a recognised program in business, public-policy/administration, law, engineering or other equivalent.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Consultant – Perth via Pro Bono Australia.