About the role
This is a great opportunity to work with an International non-government organisation. This role is situated within the Corporate and Community Engagement team (CCE) of WaterAid Australia.
WaterAid Australia is a member of WaterAid International, an international non-government organisation.
Our mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
The Community Events Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a positive and active community events fundraising program to provide support to WaterAid Australia.
This position is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of WaterAid’s community events fundraising efforts including our signature annual events The Water Challenge (March) and It’s No Joke! (November), third party events and peer to peer events.
The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director Corporate and Community Engagement, and is a member of, and collaborates with, the fundraising and communications team.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Manage and implement two signature WaterAid online fundraising events – currently those events are The Water Challenge and It’s No Joke!, including managing registration and participation processes, developing and implementing a communications strategy, coordinating all associated merchandise and promotional materials, and in conjunction with the policy and campaigns team, incorporate an advocacy action component into the event.
- Manage volunteers associated with community events.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from the public, schools, and community groups for information or guidance on how to raise money for WaterAid including third party events and peer to peer initiatives.
- Budget management
- Explore and support new event fundraising opportunities as appropriate.
- Weekend and out of hours commitments will be required within this role.
Skills and selection criteria
- Community events fundraising experience with another charity
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing community fundraising events
- Experience in database management (preferably in Raisers Edge) and peer-to-peer fundraising software (Everyday Hero)
- Demonstrated understanding of the key strategies required to grow income from community events.
- Marketing and communications experience, and knowledge of audience segmentation
- Budget management experience
- Email and copy writing experience
- Experience working with a corporate audience is desirable
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks, both practical and strategic, to deliver fundraising events
- Strong customer service background with excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to work to a high standard with an eye for detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Successful delivery of the two signature WaterAid fundraising events in a professional and timely manner, with an increased number of participants and fundraising growth.
Managing other community fundraising efforts including third party events, peer to peer events, schools, sporting and community groups.
At WaterAid we support our staff by providing flexible working arrangements, additional time off over the Christmas holidays, access to Employee Assistance Program, travel recovery days, purchase leave, great team environments and supportive leadership management.
If you share our vision of transforming lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and
sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, we’d love to hear from you.
People from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Events Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development