About the Role
You’re an experienced digital specialist with a track record of success. You’re looking for a creative, broad and challenging role in which you can take real ownership over your work and see tangible results. Most of all, you’re looking for a position that will give you the opportunity to use your digital skills to make a real difference to the lives of others.
Digital channels are playing an increasingly important role in our marketing & communication activities each year, helping us to increase awareness, acquire new supporters, deepen engagement and grow fundraising income.
We currently have solid web, email and social media platforms (including a best-practise peer-to-peer fundraising platform) and a successful track record in digital marketing (especially Facebook advertising). However, we believe there is a huge opportunity for us to make more of new technology to increase our impact, and we’re investing in new technology (including a new best-practice CRM and marketing automation platform) to make this happen.
In this important and varied role you’ll be responsible for setting our digital marketing strategies and increasing the performance of our digital channels. You’ll develop, deliver, test and optimise our digital advertising. You’ll improve the functionality and performance of our website, organic search and email. An you’ll work with colleagues to develop seamlessly integrated on and offline supporter journeys.
You’ll be working with a motivated and experienced team with an ambitious marketing and communication strategy and growth targets to match – and you’ll be making a big and growing contribution to communities affected by conflict and disaster.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Sydney CBD office. The salary will be negotiated depending upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Act as the digital marketing lead for the agency. Maximise the contribution of digital channels to the lifetime value of Act for Peace’s supporter base by working with colleagues to leverage digital opportunities that increase our public awareness, and supporter acquisition, engagement, retention and value. This will include:
- Channel lead: developing channel strategies and taking responsibility for our websites, eDM, social and digital marketing channels
- Best practise: Keep up-to-date with technology developments and share best practise across the department, working with colleagues to develop their digital marketing skills and capability
- Project teams: act as the digital marketing lead on product specific project teams (e.g. our Christmas Bowl appeal and Ration Challenge project teams)
- Manage our digital marketing activities to maximise performance and return on investment. This includes developing and implementing:
- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other social media advertising (Facebook advertising is a key acquisition channel for us)
- Google Adwords, Google Grants, and other SEM
- Remarketing, display and other digital advertising
- Influencer engagement and referrals
- Optimise the performance of Act for Peace’s websites (actforpeace.org.au and actforpeace.rationchallenge.org.au) to maximise supporter acquisition, engagement, retention and value. This will include:
- Improving SEO
- Audiences: profiling our digital audiences, developing user personas, user testing
- Design: managing the development of wireframes, design, UX, navigation and user journeys, A/B testing of pages and user journeys, conversion rate optimisation (for responsive, desktop and mobile sites)
- Functionality and integration: commission functionality and platform upgrades and integration with our other platforms (CRM, marketing automation platforms, social) as required
- Optimise the performance of Act for Peace’s eDM to maximise the engagement, retention & value of supporters. This includes:
- Set-up and management of our marketing automation tool / ESP (Pardot)
- Developing, testing and optimising email templates for a range of email clients
- Building the capacity of colleagues to implement email best practise
- Work with colleagues to maximise our social media engagement: work with the Communications Coordinator (responsible for social content) to optimise the performance of our social media channels. This will include:
- Responding to changes in the Facebook algorithm. Optimising the frequency, timing and targeting of found, earned and promoted content to maximise engagement
- Developing the strategies for our other social media channels including, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Integration of social with other channels in the marketing mix
- Analytics: regular reporting and analysis of the performance of our marketing activity, websites, and social channels as above. Make recommendations, based on analysis and research to optimise performance, return on investment and to ensure targets are met.
- Financial management: responsible for meeting income and expenditure budgets.
- Line manage intern(s) as required
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and platforms, including developers, digital marketing agencies, Google, Facebook etc. Oversee website hosting, platform licences, security and compliance with privacy legislation etc.
- Play an active role in the Marketing and Communication department and support the development and delivery of departmental plans and initiatives.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Digital and CRM.
N.B. This role is not responsible for digital content. Content is produced by various members of the Marketing & Communications Department, and editorial responsibility lies with the Communications Coordinator.
Reports to: Head of Digital and CRM.
(E = essential, D = desirable)
- Experience of managing successful digital marketing campaigns and a sound understanding of SEO, display, Facebook advertising etc. (E)
- Experience of managing websites and an understanding of some or all of the following areas: CMS systems, managing developers, UX design, mobile optimisation, CRM integration, social integration (E)
- Experience of managing successful eDM campaigns that have included audience segmentation and testing (E)
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, can-do attitude and excellent conceptual understanding (E)
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet tight deadlines (E)
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills and ability to engage at senior levels (internally and externally) (E)
- Experience of using digital reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, competence in Facebook Power Editor/Ads Manager and basic competence in HTML and Photoshop (E)
- Familiarity with A/B testing tools (such as Optimizely), social media monitoring tools (such as Hootsuite), marketing automation tools (such as Marketo/Pardot) and CRM systems (such as Salesforce) (D)
- Good copywriting skills (E)
- Experience of online campaigning and online fundraising (D)
- Sympathy with Christian values and commitment to social justice (E)
- Eligibility to work in Australia (E)
Success will be indicated by:
- Significant growth in digital income and supporter acquisition, engagement, retention and value.
- Successful delivery of other key performance indicators, deadlines and targets.
- Exact KPIs will be set as the digital strategy is developed.
- Annual reviews of performance against objectives.
Act for Peace takes child protection seriously. As part of our Child Protection Policy, employment is conditional upon the outcome of an Australian Federal Police Background check, as well as an equivalent police background check for any country in which the applicant has lived for more than 12 months during the last five years. For the full Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct please see: http://www.actforpeace.org.au/our-policies
Please state how you meet the selection criteria for this position in your cover letter (alternatively you may include this in your resume).
Applications close: 9am, Monday 6th March.
For more details, download the Digital Marketing Executive Info Pack. Please contact 02 8259 0800 or email@example.com, if you have any queries. Thank you for your interest in this position.
About the Organisation
ABOUT ACT FOR PEACE
Today, there are more refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people worldwide than at any time since World War II. That’s more than 65 million people forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and disaster.
It’s a terrible injustice. And one that we can, and must, overcome.
We believe that when people all over the world work together, big changes really are possible. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to act in partnership with other passionate people, like you, across the globe to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and natural disaster. We don’t think there’s any task more important.
Over the past 67 years our supporters have provided food, shelter, education, healthcare and training to help the world’s most vulnerable prepare for, cope with and recover from conflict and disaster.
Together we’re tackling the root causes of injustice, and are building a brighter future for everyone. We hope that you’ll join us in this vital mission.
A peaceful world where all people share a safe, just and dignified life.
We empower passionate people to work together to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
Apply for this Job
Please apply here: https://act-for-peace.workable.com/jobs/432070
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing Executive via Pro Bono Australia.