About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
- Passionate about young people
- Committed to youth participation
- Clear, flexible communicator
- Proactive in engaging with a diverse range of people
- Strong advocate for the wellbeing perspective
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a highly-skilled wellbeing professional to join the Reach Wellbeing team in our Melbourne office on a 13-month maternity leave contract. The Wellbeing team supports young people as participants and volunteer and paid facilitators (Reach Crew) to develop and learn within a positive youth development framework. This role also has responsibility for managing the RAMP program taking approximately 1 day per week. This program management is for young people in residential care and includes development, delivery, evaluation and reporting of the program, delivered in partnership with Whitelion.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves and connect with others. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced and passionate wellbeing professional who will embrace and bring to life the essence of Reach by supporting our participants and crew to challenge themselves within a professional and supportive wellbeing framework.
Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Required: Tertiary qualification as a Social Worker, psychologist or registered Counsellor and current membership of APS, PACFA or eligibility for membership of the AASW
- Required: Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Required: Demonstrated highly developed risk assessment, counselling and referral skills.
- Experience in assessing and managing risk in young people and addressing their needs as required.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the capacity to engage key stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, initiative and the ability to successfully manage competing interests to achieve outcomes.
- Understanding and commitment to youth participation.
- Capacity to establish trust and respect with Reach stakeholders, including young people, crew and staff, as well as external professionals and sponsors.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and integrity in responding to the demands of a challenging position in a dynamic organization.
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Role starting late May or early June 2017.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check and National Criminal History Check.
About the Organisation
Reach is a for-purpose youth organisation that aims to improve the wellbeing of young people so they can get the most out of life.
The vision of The Reach Foundation is that every young person has the support and self belief they need to fulfil their potential and dare to dream. Co-founders Jim Stynes and Paul Currie’s legacy endures through creative and edgy programs delivered for young people by the young Reach Crew, keeping it relevant and real.
Each year at least 30,000 young people aged 10-18 experience Reach through our youth-led workshops – designed and delivered by our young crew. Our workshops are safe and supportive spaces where teenagers can share stories and experiences honestly, improve their self-awareness, and build deeper more meaningful connections. Independent research has found that Reach can improve the wellbeing of young people by significantly enhancing their feelings of meaning and engagement.
Over the past 22 years, Reach has improved the wellbeing of over 780,000 young people.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Karen White, National Manager Wellbeing
Phone : 0394120917
Email : [email protected]
Email a CV and cover letter explicitly addressing all Key Selection Criteria in the attached PD (Qualifications/Experience; Skills; Values/Attributes/Attitude) to [email protected], using the subject line: "Wellbeing Professional / RAMP Program Manager application".
Please quote in application: Wellbeing Professional / RAMP Prog Mgr -13-mth maternity contract via Pro Bono Australia.