About the Role
The purpose of the role
Garvan’s 2020 five-year strategy heavily focusses on increased philanthropic and legacy giving. This role plays a key role in supporter retention and the growth in the donor pipeline to major philanthropic giving and bequests. Donor acquisition will continue to feed the pipeline.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, this is an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to develop and implement a strong, compelling and personalised appeals program along with other marketing campaigns in order to achieve fundraising income targets and the Foundations objectives of:
• engaging existing donors in the mission of the organisation;
• retaining existing donors and increasing their level of giving;
• attracting new supporters to help grow and diversify Garvan’s income sources
Our direct marketing activities include donor appeals, acquisition appeals, engagement and supporter care communications and bequest marketing.
This role is responsible for development of the appeals program, and ensuring all targets and deadlines for direct marketing campaigns are met.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Developing plans, in consultation with the Fundraising Manager, and in alignment with broader fundraising plans, aimed at acquiring new donors, retaining and upgrading existing donors through various DM channels including mail, email, telephone, SMS and digital.
These will include (but are not limited to) plans for:
– donor appeals
– donor care/retention communications
– door acquisition
– bequest marketing
– in memoriam/in celebration marketing
• Managing income and expenditure budget for the areas mentioned above and have responsibility for achieving targets
• Managing all campaigns end-to-end from briefing creative to data to internal processing and supporter care
• Testing, tracking and evaluating campaigns to build continuous learnings for the organisation about our supporter base
• Supported by the Data Insights Coordinator, conducting analysis and segmentation of supporter base to provide an insightful ‘customer view’ and evidence base for strategy
• Working collaboratively with the Regular Giving, the Major Donor team, Bequests and the Communications team to maximise opportunities
• Continuously developing fundraising and marketing knowledge
• Identifying and evaluating new fundraising opportunities through testing and creative thinking
Experience and considerations for the role
• Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience in strategy and implementation of fundraising and/or direct marketing;
• Tertiary qualifications in marketing and/or ADMA certification and/or Fundraising Institute Australia certification;
• Strong experience of print production and management;
• Experience in high level database use, required for targeting and post campaign reporting; Raisers Edge highly desired
• Ability to think through, and manage, a project through its lifecycle;
• Good copywriting skills;
• An understanding of new media marketing and experience in its use (web, email, SMS, social);
• Excellent computer literacy, including intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Motivated to develop skills and will show initiative to help grow the program.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a social, inspiring workplace with positive career opportunities. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects and if you have an interest in science, there is no better place to work.
Located in modern offices, there is an on-site café and you are situated close to public transport and Darlinghurst’s trendy restaurants. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, not-for-profit salary packaging and above market superannuation.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Direct Marketing Officer – Garvan Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.