About the Role
Family Life is looking for an Infant and Family Practitioner that can identify and provide outreach services to families who present as high risk and/or have involvement with child protection services during the antenatal period.
The role will involve supporting pregnant women and families experiencing family violence and requires demonstrating your understanding of the cycle of violence, increased risk factors, risk assessments and safety planning. You will also be able to demonstrate your understanding of the impact of family violence on childhood development.
You will collaborate with service providers and community volunteers to provide a holistic approach to care for families, and your practice will be underpinned by professional research and knowledge.
We are looking for someone with:
• A Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Counselling, Social Sciences or equivalent.
• Previous experience in pregnancy, infant, child and family welfare.
• Experience working with families with complex presentations such as family violence and involved with the Child Protection System.
• Experience in enhancing infant development through trauma informed practice.
• Demonstrated assessment skills, including risk assessment skills and formulation of family violence safety plans.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate parenting skill development and support health attachment relationships.
About the Organisation
Family Life is a centre of research, knowledge and innovation delivering measurable social change and impact. We contribute to national and international knowledge through our reputation for changing lives by effective connection, care and transformation.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children and young people, gender and sexually diverse children and young people and children and young people with a disability.
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Infant and Family Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.