About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
- Great writing skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- People person, able to work with both internal and external stakeholders to build robust proposals
- Great relationship building skills and an ability to attract and convert high net worth individuals into major givers
- Adaptable, unfazed, and organised when juggling many balls
An exciting full-time opportunity to manage Reach’s Trusts and Foundations and Major Gifts function exists in our VIC team.
The Manager, Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts is a key member of Reach’s Development team. The Development team works across corporate partnerships, community fundraising, individual giving, grants and events. This team is responsible for attracting, retaining and reporting to the stakeholders who provide funding and resources to deliver Reach’s programs.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves and connect with others. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced and collaborative fundraising professional with strong experience in Trusts and Foundations and/or Major Gifts. You will thrive in Reach’s youth-oriented environment and unique culture, merging your experience with your innate respect for the passion and potential of young people, to bring in a strong revenue stream for Reach.
As Manager, Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts you will be responsible for driving both acquisition and engagement programs to create enduring partnerships and funding results in the areas of both trusts & foundations and major donors/major gifts. You will explore new opportunities for funding in the area of major gifts, including researching and acquiring prospective high net worth donors, developing cases for funding support, and exploring opportunities for new revenue growth from this space.
About the Organisation
Reach is a for-purpose youth organisation that aims to improve the wellbeing of young people so they can get the most out of life.
The vision of The Reach Foundation is that every young person has the support and self belief they need to fulfil their potential and dare to dream. Co-founders Jim Stynes and Paul Currie's legacy endures through creative and edgy programs delivered for young people by the young Reach Crew, keeping it relevant and real.
Each year over 30,000 young people aged 10-18 experience Reach through our youth-led workshops, designed and delivered by our young crew. Our workshops are safe and supportive spaces where teenagers can share stories and experiences honestly, improve their self-awareness, and build deeper more meaningful connections. Independent research has found that Reach can improve the wellbeing of young people by significantly enhancing their feelings of meaning and engagement.
Over the past 22 years, Reach has improved the wellbeing of over 780,000 young people.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Chris Doig, National Manager Development
Phone : 0401496760
Email : email@example.com
Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Required: A tertiary-level qualification
- Required: Prior experience in fundraising, major gifts, individual giving or philanthropic functions.
- Strong collaboration capabilities
- Highly developed skills in creating funding proposals/cases for support and "making the ask" effectively
- Strong skills in converting leads to opportunities, and opportunities into results
- Demonstrated skills and experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Positive, constructive, "can do" attitude
- Commitment to the shared values and philosophies of Reach, including being open and willing to engage authentically in Reach's work
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer and National Criminal History Check prior to starting in the role.
Role starting as soon as possible.
Our application process has 2 components. Applications MUST provide both components to be considered.
PART 1 (screening): Provide answers to the following 4 questions in a separate Word document:
- What is the key to writing an excellent funding proposal? Tell us about a time when you've done this in the past.
- Joseph Campbell's concept of The Heroes Journey is central to Reach's workshop methodology. Describe a time when you've gone on the Heroes Journey in your own life.
- Why Reach?
- Why are you looking to change roles at this point in your career?
PART 2 (CV and key selection criteria): Provide your CV and a cover letter explicitly addressing all Key Selection Criteria in the attached PD (Qualifications/Experience; Skills; Values/Attributes/Attitude).
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: "Manager Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts application - YOUR NAME".
Your application may not be considered if you do not fully address both parts 1 and 2 as above.
Please quote in application: Manager, Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.