About the Role
Chief Executive Officer
$86,560.50 (full time), plus statutory superannuation, plus salary packaging
Level 8, PP1
Full time (or Part time 0.8 EFT Monday-Thursday)
6 month contract, possibility of extension dependent upon funding
Level 2, 491 King Street, West Melbourne
HelpOUT is a new spontaneous emergency volunteering (SEV) management program in the G21 (greater Geelong) region. Through HelpOUT, every day Victorians can register their interest in helping communities impacted by an emergency. HelpOUT matches these spontaneous volunteers with rewarding volunteering opportunities that support identified community needs, by partnering with the local government authorities, and emergency relief and recovery organizations working on the ground in affected communities. HelpOUT also includes a program to train, deploy and support managers of spontaneous emergency volunteers (MSEVs).
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone with strengths in project management and a deep understanding of how communities come together before, during and after emergencies to transition a pilot SEV program into a community-strengthening endeavor. The HelpOUT Project Manager is responsible for managing the transitioning of the HelpOUT project, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to facilitate sustainability.
The HelpOUT Project Manager is responsible for:
- Developing and managing all aspects of the delivery of HelpOUT, in collaboration with the Volunteering Victoria CEO, staff and volunteers, and external stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate agreements, internal business frameworks, operational processes and policies, to facilitate the efficient and effective delivery of HelpOUT
- Providing leadership and support for the HelpOUT team and reference/advisory groups, which might include staff, volunteers, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders
- Managing the activation, operations, scale-up, scale-down and deactivation of the HelpOUT Contact Centre in the event of an emergency (This may require out of hours work)
- Managing the reporting, acquittal and other requirements of any funding agreements, and any grant and sponsorship arrangements in relation to HelpOUT
- Developing and nurturing key external relationships with:
- State Government departments and agencies, including Emergency Management Victoria (EMV), Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS), Local Government Victoria (LGV)
- Local government, including individual LGAs, regional emergency management networks, relevant peak bodies etc.
- Emergency service organisations (especially those involved in emergency relief and recovery) including Red Cross, Salvation Army, Victorian Council of Churches
- Place-based volunteering support services, such as Volunteering Geelong
- Volunteering Queensland, who manage the Salesforce CRM and provide system support
- Working closely with other Volunteering Victoria staff and volunteers, who have a role to play in supporting the delivery of HelpOUT.
- Advising on and leading ongoing developments of HelpOUT
- Adhering to Volunteering Victoria’s policies and processes
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience within or sound working knowledge of the Victorian emergency management sector
- Experience in managing volunteers in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in:
- positively leading a small team of staff and volunteers
- successfully managing complexity and responding effectively to change
- successfully managing external relationships and partnerships
- Experience using CRM and systems support
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience within or working knowledge of the Victorian local government sector
- Experience working with and managing skilled volunteers
- Program or service transition experience
About the Organisation
Our purpose as the peak body for volunteering in Victoria is to provide dynamic and transformative leadership that will promote and build a vibrant, prosperous and strong volunteering community that is inclusive, respected and sustainable.
Our vision is resilient communities and empowered and active citizens through volunteering.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 8327 8500
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HelpOUT Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.