About the Role
- Salary packaging options – increase take home pay!
- Flexible working hours & fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO)
- Based in Bateman’s Bay, pool car assigned
Your efforts will create a positive change for people living with a disability in the community of Bateman’s Bay and the wider Southern region.
- You will identify community engagement opportunities and actively support positive partnerships between individuals, families, carers, local organisations (including Aboriginal, ethno-specific, multicultural, faith-based organisations) and the general community to build a more inclusive, welcoming and accessible community
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with individuals, families, carers and diverse communities
- Complete required documentation relating to participants, including updating IT systems and producing reports based on your activities
- Participate in supervision and performance development processes and take part in regular training and development activities
We’re looking for commitment and accountability; someone who has strong community engagement experience and the ability to navigate systems and databases to ensure documentation and reports are up to date and compliant. An awareness of cultural diversity and an understanding of person-centred approaches, social inclusion and community development principles will be integral to your success in this role.
Do you have an understanding of the needs and challenges affecting people with disability and want a role that will enable you to make a difference? Do you identify as Aboriginal and have qualifications OR related experience in human services or community development? Do you enjoy working independently but with the support of a wider team when needed?
If this sounds like you, and you hold a valid NSW driver licence and are able to travel within the Southern region, we’d love to hear from you !
Please address the above criteria in your cover letter and upload/attach your resume and cover letter as ONE document.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and Aboriginal people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Ch eck as a condition of employment.
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Ability Links NSW (ALNSW) supports people with disability, their families and carers to live the life they want as valued and equal members of their community. By using a flexible, creative and person-ce ntred approach, ALNSW taps into people’s unique potential and helps to achieve their goals while promoting genuine inclusion within communities to drive real change.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Ability Linker (Aboriginal Identified Position) via Pro Bono Australia.