About the Role
In Myanmar, many teachers are lacking the high quality training needed to unlock their students’ potential. That’s why we’re looking for people like you.
In this role, you will work as both an English teacher and a teacher trainer, delivering training to the academic staff who train Myanmar’s student teachers, using British Council materials.
I t’s a great opportunity to influence teaching practice in Myanmar, and to have a profound impact on the way teachers – and therefore children – are taught.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate certificate in education. Qualifications in special needs and inclusive education are highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant primary or secondary school teaching experience
- Strong track record in teacher training and mentoring programmes (pre-service and/or in-service)
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver high quality teacher training sessions that meet the needs of Teacher Educators in Myanmar
- Expert knowledge of best practice pedagogy, including inclusive classroom practice
- Ability to provide developmental feedback to Teacher Educators and student teachers to help them improve their practice
- Experience of developing lo w cost, no cost teaching resources
- Experience of working with second language English speakers is an advantage, and a CELTA or DELTA certification is highly desirable.
- You should be a self-starter with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a challenging and changing environment
Please note: we are planning to hire 12-15 Teacher Trainers each year over the next 4 years.
About the Organisation
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The communities we work in need people like you - experienced professionals with the ideas, energy and courage to make a difference.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: English Teacher Trainers (EfECT) via Pro Bono Australia.