About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
- Innovative, creative
- Passionate, courageous
- Strategic, lateral thinking
- A leader and a coach of young people
An exciting full-time leadership opportunity exists for a highly-skilled professional to join the Reach team, in our Melbourne office.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a qualified, experienced and passionate professional who will embrace and bring to life the essence of Reach as the national manager of the Learning & Development (L&D) team. The L&D team recruit, develop and engage crew and facilitators to deliver Reach’s exceptional, sustainable programs. The strong capability of Reach crew and facilitators is essential in achieving this high program quality.
You will lead a small team of L&D professionals in Victoria and NSW, as well as holding direct and downline national management responsibility for all of Reach’s Facilitators, Facilitators-in-Training and crew (working for Reach in a casual or voluntary capacity).
Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Required: Tertiary qualification in education, organisational development, social science or psychology
- Strongly preferred: Qualification and professional experience in social work, counselling or full registration as a Psychologist (eligibility for membership of the A.A.S.W. / A.P.S. / A.C.A / P.A.C.F.A)
- Preferred: Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated highly-developed skills in the design and implementation of highly innovative, creative and impactful learning and development curricula
- Strong people management skills and experience in leading others to achieve team goals
- Prior experience in managing departmental budgets, with associated delegation of authority, expenditure monitoring and financial/management reporting
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills, including the capacity to influence, engage and consult key stakeholders
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, and National Criminal History Check.
Questions can be directed to Olivia Powell, National Manager, Learning & Development on Olivia.email@example.com.
Role starting in Feb 2018.
About the Organisation
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application process has 2 parts. BOTH must be provided if you want your application to be considered.
PART 1 (screening)
Provide answers to the following 4 questions in a separate Word document:
- Why are you interested in joining Reach?
- Why are you looking to change roles at this point in your career?
- What is an example of the most innovative and creative program you have been responsible for designing/delivering?
- What is the hardest piece of feedback you've given, and how did it go?
PART 2 (CV and key selection criteria)
Email your CV and a cover letter explicitly addressing all Key Selection Criteria in the detailed PD (Qualifications/Experience; Skills; Values/Attributes/Attitude) to email@example.com, using the subject line: "National Manager L&D application – [YOUR NAME]".
Please quote in application: National Manager, Learning & Development via Pro Bono Australia.