About the Role
This senior management role will lead and manage the fundraising function of The Hunger Project Australia in Sydney at this exciting growth phase for the organisation. Working with a small, efficient, passionate and supportive team based in Sydney, the Head of Philanthropy role manages the fundraising team in Sydney. The role also includes general leadership functions such as preparing board reports and attending board meetings.
The Head of Philanthropy has primary responsibility to meet revenue and non-revenue related targets Nationally for major restricted investors, grants from Government and public trusts and foundations, corporate giving and community fundraising groups. The role will work with the Fundraising Executive to oversee the CRM and the development of the investor journey, the creation and launch of fundraising campaigns, the development of a bequests program and the growth of the small and regular giving programs.
The role will develop, regularly review and execute the fundraising strategy with the Fundraising Team in Sydney and Melbourne in line with the organisation’s 5-Year Strategy, diversifying and maximizing revenue sources and ensuring stewardship and retention of investors by providing exceptional investor service, experience and support. The role will ensure best practice fundraising at all times that supports the reputation and brand of THPA.
This role requires a confident, professional, mature, entrepreneurial and authentic go-getter who is highly target driven and loves connecting with people and building relationships. The person in this role must have proven experience in a ‘relationship’ fundraising environment and is passionate about mobilising individuals and organisations to end world hunger. You will be recognised as a driving force to build revenue, reputation and relationships with our individual investors, trusts, foundations, community groups and corporates.
The role will also be responsible for managing, motivating and driving the Fundraising Team in Sydney for fundraising success to meet and exceed targets in their KPIs. The role currently has one direct report in Sydney in a Fundraising Executive role.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, communications, business or similar (or equivalent experience)
• A minimum of 7+ years’ experience developing and implementing effective fundraising programs, products and initiatives
• Proven fundraising skills/business development and success in securing new business from investors/clients with the ability to achieve and exceed financial targets
• Demonstrated success in securing major donations from philanthropic bodies, foundations, major investors and the corporate sector
• Proven experience with developing fundraising/business strategy
• Proven experience in managing budgets and revenue reporting
• Ability and enthusiasm for networking with highly developed relationship management skills
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills for a range of audiences
• Excellent presentation, proposal and pitch skills
• Proven management experience and the ability to motivate, enthuse and build trustful relationships with direct reports, colleagues and volunteers
• Proven ability to make decisions, solve problems, prioritise tasks, forward plan, meet deadlines and deliver results effectively and creatively
• Experience managing and working with customer and/or fundraising databases
• Experience dealing with multiple stakeholder groups in different countries desirable
• Ability to network, genuinely build rapport and create authentic connections and relationships
• Significant experience, confidence and ability to seek out and ask for financial support from prospective investors and corporates.
• Highly strategic and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial approach
• Motivated self-starter who loves to take initiative
• Ability to make decisions and creatively problem solve
• Enthusiastic team player who works well independently
• Proactive, values driven, resilient and honest
• Positive, passionate and energetic with a high outcome focus
• Ability to innovatively and creatively manage workload, including setting up and overseeing volunteers to perform tasks
• Passionate about joining a global movement of people from all over the world playing a part in ending world hunger
This is a permanent full-time position and requires occasional work out of regular hours. The Head of Philanthropy has one direct report.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
A cover letter and your statements against the selection criteria
Your resume (CV) including two referees
Applicants can apply via email to: email@example.com
Attention: Malcolm Duncan at The Insight Group
Please quote in application: Head of Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.