About the Role
As our Key Relationships Officer, you will be responsible for developing key relationships with donors who are inspired by Telethon Kids Institute’s vision of a future where children are not burdened by disease or developmental disadvantage, and who are able to help realise that vision by making significant philanthropic gifts. Your relationships will become part of a vibrant community of Telethon Kids’ donors who are changing the world for children by supporting health and medical research. Your relationships will trust you and respect you for being professional, passionate, creative, and selfless in your duties. As our Key Relationships Officer, you will be critically important to the long-term sustainability and success of Telethon Kids Institute.
* As an integral member of the Development team, you will report to the Head of Development and work closely with colleagues who collectively strive to raise $20 million and more in donations each year for children’s health and medical research.
* You will become exceptionally well informed about the Institute as a whole: its history, ethos, research impact, research teams, strategic partners, and future ambitions.
* You will develop new key relationships with approximately 120 individuals, foundations, corporates and other organisations who have the ability to make significant contributions to Telethon Kids.
* You will work closely with volunteer committees and members of the Telethon Kids’ Board of Directors to identify prospective donors and build successful relationships with them.
* You will set yourself an active weekly work schedule driven by metrics.
* You will organise and conduct tours of the Institute and its research programs for the relationships you are developing and will coordinate additional relationship-building activities.
* You will be a creative, pragmatic thinker with a keen ambition to assist researchers in developing fundable programs.
* You will be a skilled writer who can capture the aspirations of our donors and researchers and formulate engaging proposals.
* You will demonstrate great respect and gratitude to the Institute’s current and prospective key relationships.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Five years of sales, fundraising, stakeholder engagement or comparable experience with a track record of concluding substantial business contracts or gift agreements
An invigorating passion for the work of Telethon Kids Institute and the personal drive to shape its future through your key relationships
Outstanding communication skills and polished relationship-building abilities
Superior writing and presentation skills
A team-orientation and strong work ethic
Demonstrated ability to self-manage your responsibilities in a high-performance environment
Who Are You?
You enjoy meeting people and getting to know them.
You look for opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with a diverse range of individuals who, over a period of time, you will motivate to support Telethon Kids Institute. You will help them make informed decisions about their charitable giving and ensure they have a rewarding giving experience.
You understand the importance of reputation.
You know the importance of having personal integrity, and of being perceived as a caring, congenial, friendly, gracious and intelligent person. You also know how important it is to safeguard the reputation of the Institute’s trusted brand, as well as of its high-calibre leadership and researchers. You live these values.
You are aspirational about what the future will bring.
You are enthusiastic about how future advances in scientific knowledge will improve the health and development of children. You want to help pioneer this future through the financial support you enable from your key relationships.
You understand why individuals and organisations are motivated to give.
You know how important it is to understand the motivating drivers of individuals, families, corporates, foundations, and civic groups. You always reflect on these drivers and create unique funding opportunities that resonate with them.
You have confidence in your ability to accomplish great things.
You have a long track record of high achievement in your personal life, education, and career. You are wired to make a difference in the world, not from ego but from a deeper sense of purpose. You are entrepreneurial, innovative, energetic, strategic and disciplined in your commitment to change the world for the better.
About the Organisation
2018 will be a significant year for the Telethon Kids Institute with a move to brand new premises within the new children's hospital building at the QEII Campus in Nedlands. The new building will see the Telethon Kids Institute co-located with the new Perth Children's Hospital and housed in state-of-the-art premises with increased space and improved access to leading edge technology and research facilities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (08) 9489 7625
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Key Relationships Officer via Pro Bono Australia.