About the Role
We’re looking for someone to develop and implement specialist case management support to injured workers, employers and other stakeholders associated with mental health claims, complex injuries and fatalities.
You’ll be leading a team with a diverse mix of passionate and pragmatic people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and a heart for people, and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-oriented decisions you make.
You’ll hold a comprehensive understanding of claims strategy in relation to complex injuries, mental health claims and fatalities, combined with a developed understanding of the operation of the NSW workers insurance scheme. You’ll be resilient and able to deal with reactive situations, and particularly understand the need to progress the way complex claims are managed.
It’s an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- creating strategies to support employers and workers experiencing mental health claims or complex injuries to enable recovery and return to work
- managing the team of claims leaders and specialists to ensure that strategies are effectively coordinated and implemented
- leading the cross functional collaboration between icare Return to Work & Support and our Scheme Agent
- developing and implementing strategies supporting scheme-wide high quality case management
- providing advice and guidance in respect to specialist claims
- identifying areas of significant expenditure in the management of specialised claims to ensure that cost effective and customer focussed strategies and developed and implemented.
About the Organisation
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core. If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9216 3751
Email : Ben.Duffield@icare.nsw.gov.au
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Ben Duffield on 02 9216 3751 for a chat.
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport to apply for this role.
Please quote in application: Manager Specialised Claims via Pro Bono Australia.