About the Role
- Work for headspace, Australia’s leading youth mental health organisation
- Lead the media and PR function delivering the national media and PR strategy
- Advise the CEO on Executive media and communications
The Media and Communications Manager is a key leadership role responsible for leading the media and PR function and delivering a national media strategy that supports the headspace network. You will generate high level partnerships and relationships with key media outlets; manage media issues including advice to the CEO and Executive; and deliver a range of communication projects. This position also develops, mentors and manages the Media and Communications Coordinator.
Specifically you will;
- Lead the development , implementation and evaluation of the headspace national media strategy
- Oversee the delivery of the media and PR function; media training, media monitoring, statistics and maintaining key messages
- Develop, mentor and manage the Media and Communications Coordinator
- Proactively generate media partnerships and maintain strong relationships with key national media and other high level stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO, Executive and Board on issues management and reputation
- Collaborate with the broader Strategic Communications and Marketing team on key initiatives and take the lead on communication and PR activities as required
This is a key leadership position requiring a person with a track record in leading a media and PR function and developing people.
You will have delivered a range of successful media, PR and communication projects and have a breadth of experience across proactive, reactive and crisis communications. You will be comfortable liaising with senior executives and Ministerial staff and will have an established network of media contacts.
You will also have highly developed writing skills including speech writing for the CEO, high level stakeholder communications, and drafting Annual Reports, etc.
This is a management role and requires an experienced people manager who can support and mentor staff.
About the Organisation
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12 - 25 year olds. headspace enables young people and their families to access support through a national network of centres, online and telephone services, and through schools. headspace also drives community awareness and education about youth mental health, early intervention and help seeking.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.