About the Role
IJM is a global organisation that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors and strengthen justice systems. IJM lawyers, investigators, social workers, community activists and other professionals collaborate with local law enforcement to combat slavery, sex trafficking, rape, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence.
IJM’s vision to 2030 is to rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
International Justice Mission Australia is seeking a qualified and energetic professional to initiate and cultivate partnerships with new and existing major supporters and churches in Sydney and/or other capital cities. The successful candidate will have a self-driven, results oriented approach to growing IJM’s reach amongst new and existing communities. They will have a proven track record of building genuine relationships with generous Australians, and stewarding those relationships into tangible philanthropic support.
This person will have a mandate to grow the movement of Australian’s seeking justice for the poor and deepen relationships with strategic partners to raise revenue to support the growth and impact of IJM Australia.
For this role, IJM Australia is seeking a full-time person to be based in Sydney, and/or part time person based in Sydney or other capital city.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Partnership Development Manager will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to achieve the resource raising goal of more than $200,000 from major donors, corporate and church communities in a region;
- Support and enable existing and new church partners to deepen their work for justice and increase their engagement with IJM through initiatives;
- Research, develop and implement plans and evaluate strategies to significantly broaden and deepen the base of support from major donors in the region;
- Cultivate relationships with existing major donors, increase funding levels and develop relationships with other individuals, resulting in new major donors to IJM Australia;
- Carry an existing portfolio of 100-250 mid & major donors and 20-50 churches (region dependant)
- Assist in bringing individual donors to major donor status by identifying and building relationships with local givers with greater capacity;
- At weekend or weeknight speaking engagements in Christian churches and in a wide variety of other contexts, articulate effectively, credibly and passionately the story of IJM, the nature of international human rights work, and the biblical call to seek justice;
- Effectively use IJM’s CRM to assess giving potential, track donor communications and progress towards fundraising goals, and maintain updated records and donor information.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Proven ability to effectively develop, nurture and maintain individual relationships and the skill to lead those individuals to make joyful financial investments
- Experience in inviting people to invest, donate or fundraise from a specific region or community towards a mission, including the tracking and reporting of progress towards goals
- Strong understanding of biblical justice and contemporary human rights issues
- Experience in growing partnerships and networks of supporters or organisations
- Experience preaching or speaking in churches or church based events
- Bring a wide and diverse network of business and church networks within a region or across Australia
You will also have:
- Excellent public speaking and pitching skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong capacity to learn and problem solve
- Experience managing, tracking, analysing and reporting to targets and benchmarks
- Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and strategies and to make appropriate adjustments
What we offer:
- A very inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals – characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
- Opportunity for spiritual formation.
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE.
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to email@example.com.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnership Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.