About the Role
Based in Sydney, the Chief Financial Officer provides leadership of Flourish Australia’s financial management functions. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining financial systems and internal controls to safeguard financial information and assets of the organisation and to ensure the highest standards of ethical financial governance.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing the finance team to ensure Flourish Australia meets all financial, legal, governance and legislative requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified senior finance professional with a strong track record of driving change, who is passionate about organisational development and supporting the development and delivery of innovative community-based supports for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue, their families and carers.
Experience of the health or human services sectors, including a broad understanding of National Disability Insurance Scheme, and experience with the TechnologyOne financial platform, are highly desirable.
- Qualified Accountant with membership of either CPA or CA.
- Senior experience with advanced skills and experience in financial management and leading and managing the Finance function in a complex, medium to large size organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in being an influential and strategic thinker, and working with other senior managers in identifying and evaluating options and developing innovative and creative solutions.
- Possess excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage ambiguity and challenges of organisational decision-making.
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly, sensitively and convincingly with diverse audiences to achieve a common understanding and promote desired ends.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills and negotiate effectively to promote understanding, resolve differences, gain agreement and achieve satisfactory outcomes.
Extensive experience in contract management, asset management, insurance and related compliance activities.
- A carer role or having a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated understanding of the policy and political environment affecting the mental health sector.
- Knowledge of the financial environment and compliance requirements for a Registered Charity.
- A strong understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s funding arrangements.
Full details are contained here in the position description.
About the Benefits
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package inclusive of a fully maintained salary motor vehicle.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including Macbook, mobile phone and other resources for work purposes;
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900.
About the Organisation
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people's mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life. Flourish Australia is one of the larger providers of recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue in the community.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9393 9000
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications must be submitted online by 28th February 2018 through the APPLY function below.
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.